Thursday, May 14, 2009

Some Happenings



Hello Springtime!!
If you were reading my blog in November,
we were going to watch this Praying Mantis
egg sack. Well, now the egg sack is in the house
and we are awaiting the arrival of the baby
Mantis'. We have the egg sack in a small bug
cage.We will post more pictures when they hatch.
It is the end of March 2009.











This is me taking apart an old laptop that was given to our family by a relative and had broken. I decided to see how it was made and to see how far I could take it apart. I left almost no screw unturned. What fun I had!! My Dad was jealous because he loves to take things apart too and he didn't get to help me, not even one screw!! I must have the same "curious characteristic trait" as he does. Say that 3 times, fast.















We have here the unfinished product!!
And the finished task!!! I plan on making
some jewelry out of the keys, and key chains
out of some of the smaller memory boards.
I put all the pieces in a box to keep. We are
going to use some of the thinner pieces on a
scrap-book page.

After the fun with the computer, we discovered
Guinea Hens and Roosters having a field day in our back yard. In this picture they are lined up along our dog's pen, curious of the big, bear like creature inside. Little do they know she will not harm them, or anyone else, for that matter. These creatures visited us on April Fool's Day, late afternoon!

No comments: